One of Brazil’s most delectable grilled meats: picanha. Pronounced “pee-KHA-nyah” in Portuguese, this tender cut of beef is indisputably a carnivorous heaven on earth.
Around 1.5kg to 1.7kg per slab.
About the producer:
Jack’s Creek Black Angus beef is derived from superior Black Angus cattle, grain fed for 150 to 170 days on a specifically formulated high energy grain diet. Our cattle are only bred from the best bloodlines and are independently verified as being 100% Black Angus, having no added hormones and being free from antibiotics.
Jack’s Creek Black Angus cattle have the unique advantage of being predominately bred, grown and grain fed in the prime agricultural region of the Liverpool Plains, New South Wales. This vertically integrated formula ensures the cattle enjoy a stress free life-cycle which supports safe, healthy and consistently marbled beef.
Independently Verified by Certified Angus Group Pty Ltd:
- 100% Black Angus
- No Added Hormones
- Free from Antibiotics
Note: Actual product may be slightly different from image.
How to barbecue picanha at home
The most important part of preparing Picanha is buying the right meat.
What to do
1. Cover the meat and rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. If you’d like to serve it on a big skewer like they do in churrascaria restaurants, cut the picanha into three pieces against the grain. Picanha is a big piece of meat and should be cut again at home before grilling. If you don’t have the large skewer you can still grill picanha in thick steaks.
2. Season the meat with thick, coarse salt. Traditionally, Brazilian cuisine celebrates the flavours of the meat so not much seasoning is needed. However, if you fancy spicing it up a little bit, try the below steps to create Chilli & Lime Picanha skewers.
• Chop 5 jalapeno peppers, 1 onion and blend in a food processor along with 1 tsp. salt and 2 cloves of garlic. Blend together until a paste is formed and then place the mixture in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. This will be your serving sauce.
• Mix together 1 chopped onion and 4 cloves of garlic and whisk together with 2 tbsp of oregano, 120ml lime-juice, 1 bay leaf, 1 tbsp of salt and a little black pepper. This will be the marinade for the meat.
• Place your cuts of meat into a large dish and pour the marinade over ensuring all of the meat is coated. Cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
3. Now you’re ready to Churrasco! (That’s South American for grilling). Remove the jalapeño concoction from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature in preparation for serving. Remove the meat chunks from the marinade and discard any excess before sliding onto skewers. Place the steak skewers onto the grill and cook for around 2-3 minutes on each side. Do not turn the meat over until the first side is nearly burnt, but the meat is still about 20-30 degrees from being 'done'.
4. Place the piping hot skewers onto a serving platter along with the spicy jalapeño sauce from earlier. Don’t worry about serving the picanha all at once, in traditional churrascaria restaurants, the meats are served a little at a time, as soon as they come off the grill, so serve and enjoy… ¡Salud!
DELIVERY SCHEDULE - WE NOW DELIVER SAME OR NEXT DAY IN ABU DHABI AND WITHIN 2 DAYS FOR REMOTE AREAS/OTHER EMIRATES.
RUWAIS DELIVERIES ARE ONLY DONE ON TUES/THURS/SAT (Pls order by 10am the day before).
We are a premium butchery offering a high level of service through an established cold chain, which means we require time to prepare and deliver orders. Please organize your menu in advance and order for delivery on the day before you need to prepare or cook your meat, so we can deliver within enough time for you to enjoy your meat experience.
If you order by 10am, we may also deliver on the same day in Abu Dhabi if our capacity permits. Otherwise your order will be delivered the next day in the afternoon.
Delivery time is before 7pm, however we will try to fulfil any time preference if we can, if you leave a note at checkout.
For morning deliveries, please request it in notes and we will contact you to coordinate further.
For deliveries outside Abu Dhabi, we work with a third party delivery partner and will contact you to arrange the time, which would be within 2 days of ordering.
For Ruwais, delivery days are Tue/Thu/Sat. Please order by 10am the day before for Ruwais deliveries.
MINIMUM ORDER REQUIREMENT
Please note that the minimum order for free delivery at these locations (city limits only) is 300 dhs and La Carne reserves the right to ask the customer to pay a delivery fee of 50 dhs if below the required minimum order. If in doubt about delivery to your area, contact us at 058-500-6328 to confirm.
In order to protect you and our team, only online payment is available to assist contactless delivery.
Customers should receive their orders in person or by a representative with access to a cooler/refrigerator to keep meat items in good condition.